Look back! From 08:00 on July 20 to 06:00 on July 21, 2021, there had heavy rainstorms in central and northern Henan, and heavy rainstorms (250-350 mm) occurred in parts of Zhengzhou, Xinxiang, Kaifeng, Zhoukou, Jiaozuo, etc. The local area of Zhengzhou is 500 ～657 mm; the maximum hourly rainfall in some of the above areas is 50-100 mm, and the maximum hourly rainfall in Zhengzhou urban area is 120-201.9 mm (16-17 o’clock on the 20th); Zhengzhou, Xinxiang, Kaifeng, Zhoukou, Luoyang and other places in Henan A total of 10 national meteorological observatories have daily rainfall exceeding the historical extreme value since the meteorological record. As of 12:00 on August 2, 302 people were killed and 50 people were missing from the catastrophic flood.
How to deal with rainstorms and floods? Collect this self-help guide to avoid danger and save your life at the critical moment!
Self-rescue for individuals outdoor and urban and rural public areas
When there is a strong flow of water in the area within sight, it should be immediately judged whether there has been a flood disaster. When it is judged that there is a flood disaster, take immediate avoidance:
Find a stable high ground
1. The area above the 2nd floor (above the water surface) of a high-lying square and a solid multi-storey high-rise public building.
2. Avoid avoiding danger on bridges, especially bridges on rivers, because floods in the rivers may wash down the bridges.
Avoid entering dangerous areas
1. Avoid boarding flood control facilities such as river dikes. Super-strong floods may break down the dikes or overflow them.
2. Avoid entering the underground part of the building to prevent water from flooding into the ground.
3. Avoid entering the subway and other facilities.
4. Do not enter underground culverts, cross-street tunnels, etc.
5. Do not enter the underground air defense project.
6. Do not enter the underground shopping street.
7. Avoid getting close to old buildings.
8. Stay away from the hillside, too much rain may cause secondary disasters, such as mudslides.
9. Do not stand under or beside trees, and do not approach billboards.
10. Don’t stand on the downhill or behind the car. The water rushes down or even the car hits with water, which will be very dangerous.
11. Don’t wear slippers and sandals, let alone barefoot, because it is easy to get injured and slipped when wading.
Do not use transportation facilities in heavy rain
1. Don’t drive around by car. Under heavy rain, the ground conditions are completely covered and it is impossible to accurately judge the accumulation of water. Once sliding into low ground, it is very dangerous.
2. Leave public transportation facilities as soon as possible. Under heavy rain, public transportation facilities are also dangerous. Whether it is buses, subways, taxis, or even high-speed rails, they may be interrupted. Subways that stop underground and buses in low-lying areas are very dangerous. Leave the transportation. Find a safe location.
3. If you leave the vehicle, it is best to maintain collective action. The entire vehicle should be evacuated together, and it is best to hold hands with each other to ensure that no one is left behind.
4. Under heavy rain, when actively looking for a safe location, don’t rush to make calls, post on Moments, take selfies, play with mobile phones, etc. Rainwater may damage the mobile phone and consume the battery too early, and the consequences may be serious.
5. Find a high ground and use the phone to communicate with the outside world while ensuring your own safety.
Stay away from electrical facilities
1. In the process of avoiding danger, be sure to stay away from electric facilities, high-voltage lines, high-voltage towers, transformers, and all objects with power supply danger signs.
2. Keep away from wires and rope-like objects.
3. Keep away from switchboards and distribution boxes.
4. Do not touch the sockets, switches and other live devices when you cannot ensure that your body and hands are dry.
5. Avoid standing on high places in the open air to avoid lightning strikes.
1. When you are in distress outdoors, you must ensure that your mobile phone can support the arrival of rescuers and ensure that you have the ability to contact relatives and friends after you are safe, so you can save electricity!
2. When leaving the vehicle, you can send a message to your relatives and friends, whether WeChat or Moments, mark your location, the location of the vehicle, your own evacuation plan, and then evacuate with everyone.
3. After arriving at a safe location, send another message to mark your current location and the situation of the people around you, to inform everyone that you are temporarily safe, and to save electricity, you will reduce contact with the outside world.
4. If the surrounding water conditions have prevented you from leaving, you can immediately report to the police where you are, how many people there are, the surrounding water conditions, emergency communication methods, etc., and then stop using your mobile phone and wait for rescue.
5. If the surrounding environment supports you to charge your phone, or if you have a surplus power bank, you can charge it immediately, but reduce the use of your phone.
6. If possible, confirm the safety of relatives and friends, and provide necessary guidance to relatives and friends, and ask them to save electricity.
7. After getting relatives and friends to reach a safe position, agree on a low-frequency contact plan that communicates every 2-4 hours or longer to reduce the communication consumption of each other.
8. Under the disaster situation, the surrounding power and signals may be interrupted, and there may be centralized communications for the whole people, which may cause signal congestion. Don’t panic when encountering such situations. Try to get in touch with the public security department to inform you of your difficulties and wait for government assistance.
9. If you have a radio, you can use the radio to listen to the news released by the government.
Post time: Aug-13-2021